I feel so incredibly thankful for this past year. It was a year full of challenging opportunities which led to an abundance of personal growth as well as growth in mine and Jared’s marriage. I would have NEVER predicted that 2013 would look the way it did, but I am so grateful it did. We are VERY excited about this upcoming year and cannot wait to see what it holds! But for now, I have jotted down a few of the most memorable events from 2013, and here they are (in chronological order…for the most part).
1. We shot our first wedding together as “The du Plooys.” (And the growth of our company has been unbelievable ever since. It absolutely would not be possible with out God’s goodness.)
3. I received the most amazing birthday gift in all my 21 years from my friends Ronda and Franco. You can learn more about that here. I will never forget it!! (We also discovered this new pizza joint this year. Amazing!)
6. We saw Ben Rector in concert!
7. I got glasses! Who knew I had an astigmatism!?
8. WE BEGAN EATING PALEO! (April 22nd) Our lives will be forever changed. I can’t imagine what life would look like if we hadn’t made that change. It has been the most amazing growing experience for Jared and me. And we feel AWESOME!
11. I survived summer classes! 21 Hours! It would one of the most difficult seasons of my life. Not exaggerating. Many tears were shed! Thank you Jesus for helping me through that!
12. I began my last year of college and began student teaching at a wonderful school.
13. I BECAME A CARNIVORE!
18. Judah was born!!!! We now have a nephew! He is the cutest little thing!!
19. Jared and I had our 1st massages! We were given a gift card, and it was probably the best gift card we have ever recieved! Talk about relaxation!!
20. We road tripped to Chattanooga to visit friends. (And ate SO much good Paleo food!)
21. I found out I passed both of my GACE exams! I’m certified to teach Math and Language Arts now!
22. Auburn won the SEC Championships! HELLLLOOOO! Talk about exciting!
24. We went on an Atlanta Getaway and it was the best couple of days EVER.